Anna Mae Lanterman (1924-1999)
From Biographical Wiki
|Anna Mae Lanterman Heinz|
|Born:||11 Apr 1924 Petoskey, Michigan|
|Died:||25 Aug 1999 Petoskey, Michigan|
|Father:||William H. Lanterman|
|Mother:||Helen Alice Milford|
|Siblings:|| James H. Lanterman|
Anna Mae Lanterman
William H. Lanterman
Baby Girl Lanterman
|Spouse:||Lyle Kenneth Heinz|
|Married:||24 Jun 1942 Petoskey, Michigan|
|Children:|| Michael Kenneth Heinz|
James Lyle Heinz
David Leslie Heinz
Anna Mae Lanterman was born on 11 April 1924 in Petoskey, Emmet, Michigan.
She married Lyle Kenneth Heinz on 24 June 1942 in Petoskey, Emmet, Michigan.
Ann and Lyle owned the trailer park on Lake Street in Harbor Springs, Michigan. This later became their son Mike and his wife Maddy's business. A favorite of the town was the attached party store.
Ann died 25 August 1999 in Petoskey, Emmet, Michigan and is buried at Lakeview Cemetery, Harbor Springs, Michigan.
Petoskey News-Review August 1999:
Anna M. Heinz, 75, of Harbor Springs, died Wednesday, Aug. 25, 1999, at Northern Michigan Hospital. Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 28, at Schiller Funeral Home in Harbor Springs and visitation will be held from 9 a.m. until the time of the service. The Rev. Dave DeRouchie will officiate. Burial will be in Lakeview Cemetery.
Anna was born on April 11, 1924, in Petoskey, the daughter of William and Helen (Milford) Lanterman. Anna grew up in Petoskey and attended Petoskey High School.
On June 24, 1942, she married Lyle Heinz in Petoskey. He preceded her in death in 1985. After her marriage, Anna and her husband, Lyle, moved to the Flint area where they lived briefly . The couple moved back to Northern Michigan, settling in Harbor Springs. Anna and her husband were very involved in politics, both serving as Democratic chairpersons for Emmet County. Several years ago, Anna was named an honorary lifetime chairperson of the Emmet County Democratic Party. She loved being active in the behind-the-scenes issues of politics.
Anna is survived by her sons, Michael (Maddy) and David (Patti), all of Harbor Springs; two special children, Pat (Myrna) Proctor of Harbor Springs, and Meg (Jerry) Olmstead of Traverse City; 11 greatly loved grandchildren and seven great-grandchildren; several nieces, nephews and cousins. She was also preceded in death by her son, James L., in 1994.
Family suggests that memorial contributions be made to the Michigan Crippled Children's Fund.
- 1940 Federal Census, Ward 2, Petoskey, Petoskey City, Emmet, Michigan
- Milford, James M., head, male, 63, married, PA
- , Ethel, wife, female, 59, married, NH
- Lanterman, Helen, daughter, female, 39, widowed, white, MI
- , James, grandson, male, 17, single, white, PA
- , Granddaughter, Anna M., female, 16, single, white, MI
- Marriage: Emmet County, Michigan, Vital Records Search, Marriages
- Groom: HEINZ, Lyle
- Bride: LANTERMAN, Anna Mae
- Date: 14 June 1942
- Liber: 5
- Folio: 60
- Death: Emmet County, Michigan, Vital Records Search, Deaths:
- Heinz, Anna Mae
- Date of Death: 8/25/1999
- Liber: 1999
- Folio: 271
- Place of Death: Petoskey, MI
- Obituary: Petoskey News-Review August 1999
- Death: Social Security Death Index:
- Heinz, Anna
- Birth Date: 11 Apr 1924
- Death Date: 25 Aug 1999
- Social Security Number: 368-16-6465
- State Number Was Issued: Michigan
- Death Residence Zip Code: 49740
- Locality: Harbor Springs, Emmet, Michigan
- Burial: Lakeview Cemetery Index, Harbor Springs, Michigan:
- Heinz, Anna Mae
- d. Aug 25, 1999
- Sec B Lot-43.
- Burial: Greenwood Cemetery web page, Emmet Michigan:
- Age: 75
- Name: Heinz, Anna M. (Lanterman)
- Birth: 04/11/1924
- Death: 08/25/1999
- At: Lakeview Cemetery, Harbor Springs
- Schiller Funeral Home, Harbor Springs
- Photo of Ann at store from Joanne Howse