Benjamin Tallman (1745-1820)
From Biographical Wiki
|Born:||3 May 1749 Exeter, Pennsylvania|
|Died:||25 Jul 1824 Canal Winchester, Ohio|
|Siblings:|| Patience Tallman|
|Married:||9 Nov 1764 Berks Co., Pennsylvania|
|Children:|| William Tallman|
James Benton Tallman
Ann Nancy Tallman
- Lane, Ralph H.The Scothorn Family, pp. 113-14.
- Spraker, H. A. The Boone Family, pp. 90-91:
- Benjamin Tallman took the oath of Allegiance in Pennsylvania, 7 Aug., 1777, and served an enlistment in the Pennsylvania Militia. (Penn. Archives, 3rd Series, Vol. 6, p. 314.) In 1779 they removed to Va. and settled in Harrisonburg, Augusta Co. Va. (now Rockingham Co.). There he joined De Best's Troop of the First Partisan Legion under Col. Armand. (Penn. Archives, 2nd Series, Vol. XI, pp. 140, 145, 146), and took part in the siege of Yorktown. His military service entitled him to bounty land, as shown by records at Richmond, Va., but it seems he didn't avail himself of his rights. About 1810 he and his wife removed to Ohio, accompanied by some of their married children, and settled near Canal Winchester in Franklin Co.
- Tallman, Allen Donald. Descendants of William Tallman and Anne Lincoln:
- Benjamin Tallman married Dinah Boone. Dinah Boone is Daniel Boone's first cousin. (See Chart, page 535 in Spraker's "The Boone Family")
- They resided near Reading, then Philadelphia County, Pa. then Berks Co., and had 11 children. By 1776 all of them had died except the eldest, son, Benjamin born 1745. William Tallman listed in the Penn Archives, Third Series, Vol 15.