Horace Noah Curd (1873-1951)
From Biographical Wiki
|Horace Noah Curd|
|Born:||6 Dec 1873 Hanwell, Middlesex, England|
|Died:||3 Feb 1951 Chelan, Washington|
|Father:||Noah Nathaniel Curd|
|Mother:||Louisa A. Winkworth|
|Siblings:|| Arthur A. Curd|
Horace Noah Curd
Amy B. Curd
Albert A. Curd
Alice M. Curd
|Married:||20 Nov 1894 Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan|
|Children:|| Violet I. Curd|
Lillith Eva Curd
Mabel Elizabeth Curd
Horace Noah Curd was born December 6, 1873 in Hanwell, Middlesex, England.
He immigrated to the US in 1892. He was in the Spanish American War.
He married Elizabeth Gould 20 November 1894 Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan.
Horace Curd, was a lighthouse keeper at West Sister Island. The house they had lived in is not standing any more, only the tower and light remain and the island is now a bird sanctuary.
Horace Noah Curd died February 3, 1951, in Chelan, Chelan County, Washington at age 78. He is buried at the Omak Memorial Cemetery, in Omak, Washington.
- Birth: England - Wales, Free BMD, Birth Index 1837-1983
- Horace Noah Curd
- born: Dec 1873, Brentford, Middlesex, England
- Birth: Handwritten entry in Horace Noah Curd's copy of Fleetwood's Life of Christ.
- Horace Noah Curd
- born: The entry reads "Horace Noah Curd was born Saturday, December 6th, 1873. Christened at Hanwell Church."
- 1881 England Census Hanwell, Middlesex, England
- Name: Horace N Curd
- Age: 7
- Gender: Male
- Birth Year: 1874
- Birthplace: Hanwell, Middlesex, England
- Relationship to Head of Household: Son
- Marital Condition: Single
- Profession/Occupation: Scholar
- Address: 4 Nashville Ter
- Census Place: Hanwell, Middlesex, England
- Record Type: Household
- Family History Library Film: 1341329
- The National Archives Reference: RG11
- Piece/Folio: 1356 / 17
- Page Number: 28
- Note: The Sault Ste. Marie News, Marriage Notices, April 14, 1894, Page 1:
- Ida Reed has transcribed these notices from The Democrat, which only ran under that name for a few months, and then became The Sault Ste. Marie News.
- J. C. Freeman and Miss Bertha Gould, and Henry Bartholomew and Miss Clara Miller, were united in the bonds of matrimony Wednesday at evening, at 122 Easterday avenue. The ceremony was performed by the Rev. C. M. Thompson, of Central M. E. church. The bridesmaid was Miss Lizzie Gould, the sister of the first bride. The groomsman was Horace N. Curd, a comrade of the boys in blue, and a great favorite with all those who became acquainted with him. Miss Bertha Gould was attired in navy blue with a white cashmere waist, with a bouquet of roses and geraniums. Miss Clara Miller was also dressed in navy blue, trimmed with lace, and wore a bouquet similar to the other bride's. The young ladies evidently wished to follow the example of their future companions, for the bridegroom's were in the dress which is an honor to our country, the uniform of the 19th Infantry. Messrs Freeman and Bartholomew are honored members of the Fort Brady troops and their brides are charming and accomplished young ladies. THE NEWS joins with friends in wishing them all a happy and prosperous life.
- Marriage: Michigan Marriages, 1868-1925
- Groom's Name: Horace Curd
- Groom's Age: 22 years
- Groom's Birth Date: 1872
- Groom's Birthplace: England
- Groom's Father: Nathanial Curd
- Groom's Mother: Lusia Winknorth
- Bride's Name: Elizabeth Gould
- Bride's Age: 25 years
- Bride's Birth Date: 1869
- Bride's Birthplace: Canada
- Bride's Father:
- Bride's Mother:
- Marriage Date: 20 Nov 1894
- Marriage Place: Sault Ste Marie, Chippewa, Michigan
- Film Number: 2342498
- Digital Folder Number: 4207821
- Image Number: 251
- Reference Number: v 1 p 12 rn 131 1/2
- 1910 Federal Census Heron, Wayne, Michigan
- Curd, Horace, head, white, male, 37, married, Eng, Eng, Eng imm 1892
- , Elizabeth, wife, white, female, 40, married, Can, Can, Can, imm. 1892
- , Horace, son, white, male, 10, single, PA, Eng, Can
- , Violet, daughter, white, female, 14, single, MI, Eng, Can
- , Lillith, daughter, white, female, 12, single, PA, Eng, Can
- , Gladys, daughter, white, female, 6, single, NY, Eng, Can
- , Mabel E., daughter, white, female, 2, single, NY, Eng, Can
- 1920 Federal Census Heron, Wayne, Michigan
- Curd, Horace, head, white, male, 50, married, England
- , Elizabeth, wife, white, female, 47, married, Canada
- , Gladis, daughter, white, female, 15, single, NY
- , Elizabeth, daughter, white, female, 12, single, NY
- , Della, daughter, white, female, 9, single, MI
- , Clifford, son, white, male, 2 years 10 months, single, MI
- Death: Washington State Department of Health. State Death Records Index, 1940-1996. Microfilm. Certificate: 1938. Washington State Archives, Olympia, Washington.
- Horace Noah Curd
- death: Horace N Curd died 3 Feb 1951, Chelan, Chelan County, Washington at age 78.
- FindaGrave: Horace Noah Curd
- Birth: Dec. 6, 1873
- Death: Feb. 3, 1951
- Washington Death Certificate
- Name Horace Noah Curd
- Death date 03 Feb 1951
- Death place Chelan, Chelan, Washington
- Gender Male
- Age at death 78 years
- Estimated birth year 1873
- Father name Noah Curd
- Mother name Louise Wenkworth
- Film number 2032978
- Digital GS number 4223318
- Image number 1363
- Reference number cn 1938
- Burial: Omak Memorial Cemetery, Omak, Okanogan County, Washington, USA
- Created by: Teresa
- Record added: Oct 05, 2009
- Find A Grave Memorial# 42733742
- Burial: Gravestone, Omak Memorial Cemetery, Omak, Okanogan County, Washington.
- gravestone inscription: "Horace Noah Curd / WASHINGTON / SEA US NAVY / SP AM WAR / Dec. 6, 1873 Feb. 3, 1951".