Pearl Frances Howse (1889-1987)
From Biographical Wiki
|Pearl Frances Howse Spreeman|
|Born:||24 Dec 1889 Flynn, Michigan|
|Died:||2 Dec 1987 Gaylord, Michigan|
|Father:||Albert Jeremiah Howse|
|Siblings:|| Pearl Frances Howse|
James Daniel Howse
Mary Jane Howse
Irene Amber Howse
|Spouse:||John Carl Spreeman|
|Married:||5 May 1910 Vanderbilt, Michigan|
|Children:|| Alfred Frederick Spreeman|
Eleanor Frances Spreeman
Blanche Irene Spreeman
Pearl Frances Howse was born December 24, 1889 in Flynn Twp., Sanilac, Michigan.
She married John Carl Spreeman May 5, 1910 in Vanderbilt, Otsego, Michigan.
Pearl died December 2, 1987 in Gaylord, Otsego, Michigan.
- Name Variants: Frankie P.
- Birth: Sanilac Co., Michigan, Birth Records: Book D page 190 #159
- House, Pearl
- Birth: 24 December 1889, female, white
- At: Flynn
- Father: Albert House, b. MI, res. Flynn, Farmer
- Mother: Johana House, b. MI, res. Flynn
- 1900 Federal Census, Corwith Twp., Otsego, Michigan
- Howse, Albert J.
- , Pearl F., daughter, Dec 1889, 10, Michigan
- 1910 Federal Census, Otsego Co., Michigan:
- House, Albert
- , Pearl, daughter, 20, MI
- Marriage Notes:
- Otsego County Herald and Times, Vanderbilt Section, Friday, 13 May 1910:
- ASHLEY: Before eyes of the reading public behold this Pearl Howse will be no more and the wedding bells will ere that cease to peal out their joyful chimes as we hear J. Spreeman and Pearl will be united in marriage on Thursday, May 5th, at Vanderbilt. Sophia Hoffman of Detroit, is expected to be the bridesmaid and a brother of the groom will assist John through the ordeal. We wish them every joy.
- ASHLEY: Mrs. J. L. Howse invited some friends to a linen and glass shower for Pearl Howse. She served light refreshments.
- LOCAL ITEMS: County Clerk Welch has issued a license to John Spreeman to wed Miss Frankie Howse
- Otsego County Herald and Times, Vanderbilt Section, Friday, 20 May 1910:
- ASHLEY: John Spreeman and Miss Pearl Howse were united in marriage at Vanderbilt by the M. E. pastor after which a supper was served at the home of the bride's father. She received some pretty and useful presents. We hope their voyage on the ocean of life will be a long pleasant one. May the troubled waves of life be met steadfast faith in one another and all will be well.
- ASHLEY: Eva Alexander, Sophia Hoffman and Mona Howse attended church in Vanderbilt Sunday evening.
- ASHLEY: Albert Howse has rented his farm to his son-in-law J. Spreeman.
- 1930 Federal Census, Corwith Twp., Vanderbilt Village, Otsego, Michigan:
- Spreeman, John C.
- , Pearl, wife, female, white, 40, married, at 20, MI, MI, MI
- Article: Otsego County Library, Newspaper Index:
- Publisher: Otsego County Herald Times
- Date: 1933 8 17
- Edition: Thursday
- Title: Vanderbilt
- Author: Mrs. John Spreeman
- Higley, Marcus
- Hunn, Genevieve
- Page: 6 Microform#: 13
- Arnold & Joanne Howse Interview with Frankie P.:
- We met and spoke with Pearl in a nice Gaylord care facility. She was very pretty with her white hair and pale blue sweater that matched her eyes. One year later, we found her in a different facility in Gaylord. She said her family had moved up to Vanderbilt from the thumb area. She said that Loftis Howse was a relative; there were several Carrie’s in the family. Aunt Maggie did her wedding as Pearl’s mother had died before that time.
- Death: Social Security Death Index:
- Spreeman, Pearl
- Birth Date: 24 Dec 1889
- Death Date: Dec 1987
- Social Security Number: 365-26-8365
- State Issued: Michigan
- Death Residence Zip Code: 49795
- Localities: Vanderbilt, Otsego, Michigan
- Bertram, Brent. Ancestors of Brent & Janice Bertram, and related families:
- AKA: Frankie P SPREEMAN