Wilbert Dwane Kanosh (1948-1969)
From Biographical Wiki
|Wilbert Dwane Kanosh|
|Born:||11 Jan 1948 Richfield, Utah|
|Died:||30 Jan 1969 Quang Nam, South Vietnam|
|Father:||Deere H. Kanosh|
|Siblings:|| Doris Dorene Kanosh|
Kennard King Kanosh
Jenny Lee Kanosh
Clarice Georgina Kanosh
Wilbert Dwane Kanosh
Milo Dee Kanosh
Don Boyden Kanosh
Karen Ann Lou Kanosh
Davy Crockett Kanosh
Farron Wayne Kanosh
Richfield Reaper, undated
RICHFIELD - The Republic of South Vietnam's Army Medal of Honor was presented posthumously here Thursday to Sgt. Kennard Kanosh.
The presentation was made at the Sevier County Courthouse by Capt. John Weatherby of Dugway Proving Grounds. It was accepted by a sister, Jennie Lee Kanosh John.
Kanosh was the second son of Deere and the late Adrene Jake Kanosh to give his life in Vietnam. He died Sept. 13, 1970. A brother, Lance Cpl. Wilbert Kanosh, lost his life in the Vietnam War on Jan. 30, 1969. The medal is issued by the South Vietnamese Government for outstanding service rendered to that nation.
- Name variations:
- Wilbur Duane [IGI]
- Dwayne [Military Index]
- Death: Military Index, version 1.12 - Vietnam
- KANOSH, Wilbert Dwayne, male
- Birth date: 11 Jan 1948
- Residence: Vernal, Utah
- Branch: US Marine Corps
- Tour of duty: 20 Feb 1968
- Rank: CPL
- Service No.: 2275765
- Death Date: 30 Jan 1968
- Place: Quang Nam, Republic of Vietnam (South Vietnam)
- Religion: Protestant - No denominational preference
- Marital status: Single
- Race: American Indian
- Vietnam War Memorial Panel Number: 33W-20
- Burial: Richfield Tombstone Inscriptions, Martineau, copied Dec 1995:
- "KANOSH, Wilbert D., 11 Jan 1948, 30 Jan 1969."
- Martineau, Douglas LaVan. Southern Paiute Genealogy, Koosharem Band:
- HUSBAND: Deere H. Kanosh.
- WIFE: (2) Edurine Jake.
- 7. Wilbert Dwane (male)
- Born 11 January 1948, Richfield, Utah.
- Died 30 January 1969, in Viet Nam. (Killed accidentally while changing guard duty.)
- INFORMATION SOURCE: Deere and Edurine Kanosh, and family.