Edurine Jake (1920-1971)
From Biographical Wiki
|Edurine Jake Kanosh|
|Born:||27 Apr 1920 St. George, Utah|
|Died:||4 Jul 1971 Richfield, Utah|
|Siblings:|| Clifford Jake|
Ernestine Clooney Jake
|Spouse:|| Deere H. Kanosh|
|Married:||21 Oct 1936 Cedar City, Utah|
|Children:|| Doris Dorene Kanosh|
Kennard King Kanosh
Jenny Lee Kanosh
Clarice Georgina Kanosh
Wilbert Dwane Kanosh
Milo Dee Kanosh
Don Boyden Kanosh
Karen Ann Lou Kanosh
Davy Crockett Kanosh
Farron Wayne Kanosh
The Richfield Reaper, Richfield, Utah, Thursday, July 8, 1971, p. 5,
Edurine Jake Kanosh, 51, Richfield, died July 4 in a Richfield hospital of natural causes.
She was born April 20, 1920, St. George, to Carl and Minnie John Jake.
She was married to Deere Kanosh, Cedar City.
Two of her sons died while serving in the armed forces overseas during the Vietnam conflict.
Survivors: husband; mother, Cedar City; sons, daughters, Milo, Ferron, Jennie John, Clarace Dixon, Colleen, Karen, all Richfield; Don, U.S. Marines; David, Cedar City; four grandchildren; sisters, brothers, Geneva Anderson, Shirley Bowman, both Las Vegas; Ernestine Begay, Clifford, Johnny Wilford, Mane, all Cedar City.
Funeral Services were Wednesday in the Yoomeenchoopeets Indian Branch chapel.
Burial was in the Richfield City Cemetery by Springer Mortuary.
- Name variations:
- Adrine [Martineau, p. 28]
- Eudurine, Edurene [obituaries]
- Birth variations:
- 20 Apr 1920 [obituary, tombstone]
- 27 Apr 1921 [Indian Peak band]
- Death variant: 14 Jul 1971 [tombstone]
- Burial: Richfield Tombstone Inscriptions, Martineau, p. 81:
- KANOSH, Edurine Jake, 20 Apr 1920, 14 Jul 1971
- Ordinances: IGI
- Anderson, Geneal, LDS Archive record
- Martineau, Douglas LaVan. Southern Paiute Genealogy, Indian Peak Band:
- HUSBAND: Carl Jake.
- WIFE: (2) Minnie John
- 2. Edurine Jake (female)
- Born 27 April 1921, St. George, Utah.
- Died 4 July 1971.
- Married Deere Kanosh.
- INFORMATION SOURCE: Carl Jake, Minnie John, Geneva Jake, Shirley Jake.
- Martineau, Douglas LaVan. Southern Paiute Genealogy, Koosharem Band:
- HUSBAND: Deere H. Kanosh
- WIFE: (2) Edurine Jake.
- Born: 27 April 1920, St. George, Utah.
- Died: 4 July 1971, Richfield, Utah.
- Buried: 7 July 1971, Richfield, Utah.
- Father: Carl Jake.
- Mother: Minnie John.
- 1. Doris Dorene (female)
- 2. Kennard King (male)
- 3. Junior (male)
- 4. Jenny Lee (female)
- 5. Clarice Georgina (female)
- 6. Unnamed (male)
- 7. Wilbert Dwane (male)
- 8. Donna (female)
- 9. Colleen (female)
- 10. Milo Dee (male)
- 11. Don Boyden (male)
- 12. Karen Anna Lou (female)
- 13. Davey Crockett (male)
- 14. Farron Wayne (male)
- 15. Unnamed (male).
- INFORMATION SOURCE: Deere and Edurine Kanosh, and family.
- The Spectrum, St. George, Utah, Tuesday, 24 May 2005, Obituary: Jake, Clifford